Overcoming Low OOH Inventory
Looking to run an Out-of-Home (OOH) campaign in a market with little NO inventory?
How about a suburb or demographic pocket of a major market that might be hard to reach with traditional OOH?
Here are just a few examples of markets without a lot of options:
- Orange County, CA
- San Diego, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Houston, TX
- Austin, TX
- Washington D.C.
- Denver, CO
- Miami-Ft Lauderdale, FL
- Nashville, TN
- Salt Lake City, UT
- New Orleans, LA
Why OOH might be limited in a market?
The reasons for limited OOH inventory in some markets vary:
- Special Permitting: Some OOH types like wildposting, projections, and sidewalk stenciling may require permits.
- Restrictions: Many cities and county’s across the US impose bans on OOH for “beautification”.
- Rural Areas: Less populated areas often have fewer advertising opportunities, with rural billboards having limited visibility, especially at night.
Weigh your options in Limited Markets
In markets with limited traditional OOH opportunities, creativity is essential.
Here are some clever ways to overcome limited advertising availability:
- Rideshare & App-Enabled Delivery Advertising: Ideal for markets with limited opportunities, these can reach neighborhoods where OOH isn’t prevalent.
- Wild Postings & Guerrilla: Post ads in nontraditional places or employ guerilla marketing tactics
- Transit Advertising: Markets without traditional billboards often have transit options like subway, bus, or rail advertising. Street furniture options like bus shelters and benches are available as well.
- Experiential Advertising: Explore unusual activations, aerial banners, boat ads, street teams, food trucks, and more. Use the environment creatively to engage your audience.
Find OOH inventory anywhere with Wrapify
Don’t let limited options hold you back. With creativity and expertise, outdoor advertising can thrive in any market. Wrapify specializes in OOH advertising and can help you brainstorm and execute unique campaigns.